If you are trying to eliminate odor in your house, but you don’t want to use chemicals, you can go natural. Most times, people avoid chemicals because whatever you spray in the air will breathe into your body or that of your pet or kids. This is why this DIY odor eliminator spray is vital. Try these DIY odor eliminator recipes to improve the smell of your home.
Natural Odor Eliminator Spray Recipe
Things you need:
- 1 spray bottle.
- 1 tablespoonful of baking soda.
- 2 cups distilled water.
- Essential oil of choice.
- Pour a tablespoon of baking soda in a bowl.
- Add in your preferred essential oils. You need a few drops (about 5-25, depending on your preference) of each.
- Mix the baking soda and essential oils together.
- With a fork, use a kneading action to thoroughly blend in the oil into the baking soda.
- Add a cup of distilled water and mix it together.
- Use a funnel to pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
- Pour the remaining water, attach the nozzle, and shake.
Essential Oil Blends and Options for Removing Odors
Blending essential oils together for your home is fun. There are no rules, and you can experiment all you want to achieve your desired fragrance.
Since there are many possibilities for creating an essential oil blend to combat smells, consider some of these mixtures:
- Rosemary, lavender, and lemon.
- Orange, lemon, and grapefruit.
- Lavender, peppermint, and lemon.
- Rosemary, eucalyptus, and grapefruit.
- Rose, lavender, and orange.
- Tangerine, grapefruit, lime, and spearmint.
- Lime, geranium, and grapefruit.
Feel free to try these combinations to achieve the best eliminator spray for your home.