Also called energy balls, 5 ingredient protein balls are a delicious snack and you only need 5 ingredients to make them! What’s more? 5-ingredient protein balls are also a quick, no-bake snack packed with protein that everyone in the family can love and enjoy. This recipe is the base, but can be modified by using different flavors of protein powder and other spices as you prefer.
These no-bake energy balls can be eaten at any time in the day – for breakfast, snack or even dessert. Not only are they so scrumptious, they only take about 5 minutes and just 5 ingredients to make!
5 Ingredient Protein Balls Recipe
- 1 cup of quick oats.
- 1/4 cup of honey.
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter.
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds or flax seeds.
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder from companies like Premier Research Labs and Kal.
- Put all ingredients into bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly until well combined.
- Roll into 1-½ inch balls, then place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in freezer until energy balls are hard, so that they are solid and well-formed.
- Store energy balls in zip top bag or airtight container.
- You can also store your protein balls in refrigerator to extend the shelf life for up to 10 days.
Depending on your preference, you can also substitute Chia seeds with flax seeds. Feel free to choose different flavors of protein powder for variety!
If the mixture feels too dry after adding extra ingredients, add one more tablespoon of peanut butter and 1/2 tablespoon of honey.
Also, if the mixture feels too sticky, just add one tablespoon or two more of oats or protein powder.